Drew and I jumped in the car and headed to the hospital. I got there about 10:30am and got all settled in. The nurses started me on the fluids and Pitocin and we waited. Doctor Walker came in at 12:05pm and broke my water and told me that if I wanted my epidural, now would be a good time to consider it. I had about 2 contractions and agreed with her.
After the epidural was finished, my nurse said that she was going to go grab lunch before things started happening, but that she'd have her beeper, so if I started to feel any kind of pressure in my pelvis to let her know. As she was talking to me, I was already feeling this "pressure" she was talking about. She asked if I was serious, I laughed (in an uncomfortable manner) and said, "yup, I'm feeling pressure." She left to eat at the desk and said to call her if it got worse. About 2 contractions later, it was worse and I was feeling very ready to push. My nurse came back, checked me and sure enough I was fully dilated!Everyone rushed in to get the room ready, Dr. Walker was called down and at 1:28pm Dexter Andrew Brady came into this world!
This was right after he was born-FLOOD of emotions!
Moral of this story: when my water breaks my body minutes away from having a baby...
Big shocker: I'm in LOVE with this little boy! We all think he looks like his Grandpa Paul. His big sister is already a huge help and loves her "baby bruder Dexter." It is in these moments that I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and is mindful of me. This little boy is a MIRACLE that has been prayed for for many years and by many people. THANK YOU everyone for your prayers, good thoughts, and love. I feel so blessed to know that my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with not just one by two little miracles.
Meeting her brother
Life is GOOD.






























8 comments:
so so sweet! congratulations! what great pictures!! :) i love that one of leila holding dex for the first time.
Nothing is better in life than having a little baby. Those are great pictures. I'm so happy for you guys. He's a very cute baby.
What an angel! Congrats Brady family. :)
These are such sweet pictures! I'm so happy for you guys!
Congrats! What great pictures! I love the one right after you delivered and Drew's hand is on your forehead. Also the picture with Leila and Dexter! What a precious little baby! Glad all is well.
K, I just sat and cried through reading this! It doesn't help that you have Bette Midler "Baby of Mine" playing in the background! Sheesh! He is sooo cute, I absolutely love Leila's face when she sees him for the first time :) There is nothing better!
AHHH!!! He is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! I have been waiting to see pictures since I don't have face book anymore! What a perfect little miracle he is!
K.D., your maternity pictures are breath taking, you are so gorgeous!!! We are so happy for you guys and miss you!
I'll let you in on a little secret....baby Grampp number 3 is on its' way ;)
Oh my goodness KD he is just absolutely beautiful! I couldn't be happier for you both. And how nice that your labor was fast! Congrats again!
Post a Comment