On Friday, June 8, 2012 my mom was at my house making dinner for some people in her ward, when she got a call from her doctor. My mom had a lump in her breast on her last mammogram, they did a biopsy, and they have found that my mom has breast cancer. I am still in complete shock about it. We have never had anyone in our family be diagnosed with cancer and this has come as a real shock to us all. I am still not sure how I feel about it. I feel worried. I feel scared. I know that there is so much that can be done now in regards to treating cancers, but its hard to focus on all that when it is your mom.
I know many people out there have dealt with things like this in your family. And I'm trying to get to a place where I am more ok with it. But right now I'm just bummed out. I just don't know what I would do if something happened to my mom. I try not to let my thoughts even go there.
I do know that I have complete faith and trust in my Heavenly Father. I know that he will take care of my mom and bless her through all of her trials. (Cause she's already had a lot!) And He has always been very mindful of her and of our family. So my thoughts and prayers remain there. In hopes that something good will come of all this and that she will be ok.
Because there's still so much she doesn't know, she isn't talking about it to many people. So please don't go telling everyone you know about Jennie Jones. But this blog has become my way of journaling things in my life. And I needed to write this all down. Why is it so therapeutic to write it out?
Her diagnosis is mucinous cystadenocarcinoma of the breast. We are referring to it as Slimy Boob Cancer. It seems much better that way.
I don't know who all reads my blog anymore, but I do ask that if you do, that you will please keep my family and especially my mom in your thoughts and prayers. It can't hurt to have lots of help there right?
Thanks in advance! Lots of love everyone. Give your mommies an extra squeeze next time you see her.

6 comments:
Oh sweet K.d.! I am so so so sorry about the terrible news your sweet mom received :( That is just awful. I will let Eddie know! Your sweet family have been through so much but you have risen above those situations and have made it through them with flying colors!!! I am sure that this experience for you all will be the same! :)
We will keep her and you all in our prayers! Please keep us posted on this situation! She can beat this!!!! :) Love you!
KD - that is crazy. I saw her at church yesterday and she was her notmal, smiley self....I would have never guessed. I have gone through the same thing with my dad and cancer twice. He had kidney cancer and now luekemia. It is really scarry and hard to hear that about your parent. I will keep you guys in my prayers. I am sure she will be able to fight it...she is sucha strong lady.
I am so sorry! I love your Mom!! Things will work out. I will keep her and your family in our prayers!!
I'm so sorry KD. I'll definately pray for all of you. Good luck and keep us updated.
Oh KD, you'll be in my prayers for sure too! I can't imagine what you're going through. Your faith is inspiring!
I still read! I'm sad to hear this. My prayers are with you and your sweet sweet family. There is a bigger reason for the things we go through, a plan for everyone. Be strong. Positive thoughts your way.
Post a Comment