Thursday, October 23, 2014

Getting back on this blogging horse

Man I have been terrible at blogging the last year.  I realized that it is something that I really need to pick back up.  I know many of us do this as a way to scrapbook and keep track of what's going on in our lives, but for me it was so much more.  Ever since I was little I LOVED keeping a journal.  As an adult it has been fun to go back to my journals and read all the thoughts and feeling I was having at that time.  I would find myself sucked into that moment when I was writing, remembering what it was that sparked that entry and why I thought it was important.  (Although, most things that seemed like life or death at the age of 12, are looked at with a very different perspective now.)

Since getting married and having babies I have been TERRIBLE at keeping a journal.  Sure, I've grabbed onto Facebook and Instagram keeping tabs of what we have been up to as a family, but it isn't the same.  There you get a snippet of the memory, the pictures are great, but the details on the funny moments or story isn't there. 

So here I go, I'm going to do my best to blog at least once a week.

I want my blog to be real.  The good, the bad, the ugly, the messy, the pretty and everything else that life will bring.  After all, we're all just trying to figure out this ride called life.  Right?

1 comment:

Dan & Stacy said...

Right! I need to catch up on mine as well!