Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In Love... & Worried

There's this little girl that I know and LOVE!
She is my WHOLE world and has brought me more happiness than I've ever known.
I am the luckiest mommy in the world to have this little girl in my life!
Soon, she will have to share mommy's time with a brother, and it makes me kinda sad.
All you mom's of more than one out there, did you ever feel this way?
I don't ever want her to feel like she is less than the WORLD to me and I'm worried.
Is this just a crazy pregnant lady talking?  
I'd appreciate any words of encouragement...

10 comments:

Erin said...

i had the same sort of worries. since parker is 4 years older than liam he was used to having all the attention from both of us. in the few months leading up to liam's birth we made sure to do a lot of things together as a family (seems you already do that).
after liam was born i've made sure that parker gets one on one time with me (& his daddy). this can be either watching a movie, running to the store, doing art projects...pretty much anything you do with them makes them happy.

don't worry yourself about it too much, with effort & time it will all work out & then you'll wonder why you even worried in the first place :)

Kade and Elisa Clark said...

I have felt this exact same way! I wish I had the words of encouragement, but I am still looking for them to! I just find myself soaking up and cherishing every moment I have with kole!

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

I remember witting a post very similar to this one. I was worried I wouldn't love Bryn as much as I did Haley. It is crazy though cause you do!! I just remember being kind of sad it would just be the 3 off us anymore. You will have to share time with another little one now but I think it made it a little easier having the 4 year gap which ended up being a blessing. Just think..you have had almost 4 whole years to just spend with Leila! Thats pretty cool.

Mary said...

Oh my gosh I totally remember posting on our blog about this very subject before Jakey came. Your feelings are normal! Don't worry, everything will be just fine and she will be the best big sister! You'll know the right things to say to her if she is looking sad after baby comes, and your love for her will grow even more while you see her in action as a big sister (she will grow up a lot after baby comes), and she'll see that you are noticing that and will love it! :) It;s amazing how much we can love someone, and then love someone else just as much! All will be well :)

Rebecca and Nick said...

I felt that EXACT same way before my #2. I was really worried. Everything has been fine though. I suggest to keep her involved in everything you can, especially when it has to do with taking care of the baby. Give her lots of praise for being the big sister, and everything she does. But definitely make time for one-on-one. Baby nap time is when I do that with Owen. We always play a game or make something, and he has bedtime stories with his dad. Good luck!

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Kate...I felt this exact way when I was pregnant with Tavi. I even remember bringing it up to my doctor at one of my appointments and he told me it was very common and normal feeling. Especially with all the hormones on top of everything. It is completely normal! Don't worry about it. Every pregnancy I feel the same way. Just remember to make one on one time with each one of them. I always try and do this. I even take turns taking each one of them out for mommy and me time. It's a big change for all of you adding another sibiling, but she is going to LOVE having a little brother.

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Oh yeah...I forgot to tell you one more thing...when tavi was a born I made sure that Tor had her own baby to take care of as well. So we each had new little babies. It was fun! Just include her on as much as you can with taking care of her little baby and she can help you take care of yours as well...just a thought...I really hope all of this makes sense...If you need anything don't hesitate to call me...I love and miss you tonz!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh i remember so much feeling those same emotions right before having jonah!!!!
i was so worried.
but it's amazing how things fall into place and it's like both your babies were just meant to be for each other...if that makes sense.
i remember preslee felt so big and special if i had her "help" with things with jonah when he was born.
you look so cute!

The Walker's said...

I'm not gonna lie, it is hard at first....Malea definitely needed to adjust. There were times, especially the first couple of weeks, where I would just cry because I felt guilty or felt like "what have I done?!" (It didn't help that I was super emotional, which happens after having a baby as I'm sure you know). Malea was very quiet when he first came home and was not herself. She loved (and still loves) him so much but it took time for her to realize that she isn't top dog anymore. She was actually very off-ish to me, especially in the hospital. She wouldn't really come to me for a while, I don't know if she was worried she would hurt me or if she was mad. After the first couple of months when things started to become "normal" again, I realized that I am so glad we chose to have another baby and would never want to deprive her of having a sibling. It has been so fun to watch them bond, and it just felt more like a family. She has taken on the big sister role and is protective of him. I don't know if it will be easier or harder that Leila is a little older, but I would definitely be talking to her now about the baby and what its going to be like (which I'm sure you are). After the baby is born, get lots of help and try (if you can) to take a little time each day just you and her. Something else we did that helped was we gave Malea a gift "from Isaac" (which was a pillow pet that she really wanted) and that really helped her to start out liking him. You are going to do great! Just know that it will be hard at first, and things will become normal again. It will be so good for Leila.

The Walker's said...

P.S Sorry my comment was so long! lol