On July 3 my mom had her lumpectomy. So I asked everyone I could to show their support by wearing pink that day then to send me a picture so that I could show my mom. Not only did I get a plethora of photos, but on Instagram (my favorite app by the way) I started a hashtag (#) so that others could show their support as well.
I was overwhelmed by all the love that was shown to me by friends, family, and my Instagram family as well. My mom was overjoyed at all the love and support she received that day. If you have Instagram you'll have to check out the hashtag #forjennie it was awesome!
Here are a few of the pictures I had sent to me. There were many more that others posted as well.
THANK YOU AGAIN to EVERYONE for your love, support, good thoughts, and prayers!
My mom got her pathology report back a few days ago and EVERYTHING was clear!! They said they got all the cancer! We couldn't have hoped for a better prognosis. She will be undergoing some radiation therapy for 6 weeks to be sure. But the doctors are very happy with the way everything happened.
And so am I.
This is a picture I shot of my mom and dad.
Yes, they are divorced, but they are the best of friends and always will be.
Headed to surgery
My mom got her nails done for the occasion. And this is WAY out of her comfort zone!
I LOVED IT!
I"m full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father.
I know that he watched over my mom and I'm so happy that all is well.
3 comments:
KD! That's great news! Hooray!
What a great post!! I loved seeing all those happy people sporting their pink and support for your mom. I am also glad she is doing good, and things are looking great!
Wonderful news! :) That is great!
Post a Comment