Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Day Focused on Thanks

This year for Thanksgiving we were with the Jones crew.  We decided to head to Phoenix to enjoy the warm weather (at least warmer for the ones who are further north).

With Becca and Jeremy in San Tan Valley and my dad in Phoenix we had plenty of time to play, chat, enjoy each other's company and of course EAT!  

The kids and I went down early to spend some time with my dad, mom and sister Becca and her family.  I got to take Leila, Dexter, and Ansityn to Walking With Dinosaurs The Arena Spectaular and it was AWESOME!!!  All 3 of the kids loved it!  Later on in the trip after everyone made it to Phoenix-we played some Ninja Turtles, had a Turkey Bowl, and then ended the trip with visiting the Phoenix Zoo.

I know many people say that we shouldn't just be thankful for what we have on Thanksgiving, but that we should be thinking about it every day...and while I agree with that, I still love that there is a day dedicated to really think and ponder and feel the gratitude we have for all that we have.  With how crazy life can get sometimes, we don't stop to think and FEEL the gratitude we have.  But on Thanksgiving Day we have the chance to do just that. To pause from the craziness of life and enjoy the people, places, things and moments, both big and small that make us who we are.

This year I feel especially grateful for my husband Drew.  We have had a ROUGH year with a lot of challenges.  There are many things we are still working on and working through, but I love that we are doing it TOGETHER.  Drew is a man of courage and is a hard worker.  He works hard at pushing through his own struggles to support our family and it isn't always easy for him to do it, but he does.  I'm amazed every day to see him become the man he is.  And that my friends is a GOOD man.

And so, without further ado...here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving!














 I may or may not have teared up with the mama T-Rex snuggled her baby




 Christmas Crafting

 Dexter saw this little pilgrim statue and said, "Look mom!  Its a cowboy, riding a chicken!"




















 Poor Jack fell and broke his arm in grandpa's backyard.  And when I say broke his arm, I mean he came inside and his forearm was the shape of a U.  I've never seen anything like it.  Jack was CRAZY tough and is healing nicely, but will have to have a cast on til March 2015!














No comments: