Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Town Square and the "Holiday Tree"

For anyone who knows me, knows that I am fully against celebrating Christmas in ANY way until after Thanksgiving. 
Call me a Scrooge if you must, but I like to give the Turkey Day its day in the sun cause its one of my favorites! 
 I love rolls and stuffing. 
But last weekend Town Square had a small parade with Santa Claus and he lit the "Holiday Tree" in Town Square.
Yes you read that right, it was referred to multiple times as a "Holiday Tree" not a "Christmas Tree."
Gotta make sure everyone feels included right? ;)

So against my usual bahumbugness I went to the parade with friends, took the kids (by myself cause poor Drew had to work late), and actually had a lot of fun!  So although I will not be singing any merry Christmas or Holiday tunes until next Friday, I did enjoy this particular "Holiday Activity."











1 comment:

Dan & Stacy said...

Glad you made an exception for us, we had fun! I didn't even hear them call it a holiday tree but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!! What is this world coming to?!