Monday, March 23, 2015

Leila Belle Turns 8 and Goes to Disneyland!

For months now I have been tortured keeping a HUGE secret from Leila. 
8 years old around these parts is a big deal, so we decided to surprise her with a trip to Disneyland, no brother and sister, just her, Grandma Jennie, and Mommy.

We got everything packed and her gift set up-the surprise was ready.  My mom and I waited by the window for Leila to get home from school because we were so excited to finally tell her what we were doing.  Finally she came home and it was time to give her the gift, jump in the car and head to California.  Here's what went down...WATCH THE VIDEO

So it was a little anti-climatic to say the least, but after talking with her in the car she told me at first she was thinking we were just teasing her.   Then she said she was worried that just she and grandma were going, and that I was going to feel bad.  Once we were in the car the squeals and excitement came-more of what I was wanting the video to show, but still it was funny.



 On our way!

 California Sunset

 The fireworks shot off right behind our hotel!

 Day 1 ready to go!


 Just us girls!



 Autotopia

 After driving on Autotopia, she told me she thinks she is really ready for a driver's license now.
(Let me note, it was a bumpy back and forth drive, I think she might need a little more practice.)

 Face paints!

 Normally I'm the first one willing to watch the little ones who aren't tall enough for Star Tours, but this time I had no excuse.  I did do it though...and didn't feel so hot afterwards.



 One thing we wanted to do this trip was each day do something that we had NEVER done before.
Day 1's adventure was going to Tom Sawyer's Island!  Its CRAZY that I've never been over there before cause it was so much fun!  There is so much to explore and climb and play.  A little more space to run around free. Definitely a place we'll go back to.  I think Dexter and Anistyn would LOVE it.







 Tiki Room time!

 Leila got to help start the show and wake up Jose!!

 Ice Cream break

 Part of the trip was the promise that we would do whatever she wanted to do.  So Day 1 only lasted til about 4:00, then she wanted to go to the hotel and go swimming.  She made some cute friends there and we took that first night relaxing at the pool then watching some HGTV.

 DAY 2



 While we were waiting in line for rides, Leila would sketch or keep a running tally of the rides that we rode.  She also made note of things we still needed to do.

 My hair was blowing FORWARD through the whole ride!





 This is Leila, Anna and Elsa talking about how much they all love chocolate!


 Chili Cone Queso and Bacon Mac & Cheese from The Cozy Cone


Day 2 What We've Never Done seemed to be much more exciting for me then it was for my mom or Leila.  We went to the Springtime Jamboree!  And I saw Disney Characters that I had NEVER seen before!!  It was awesome!!!!!!!!  I'd never seen any of these bunnies before!

 The White Rabbit
(Alice in Wonderland)

 Briar Rabbit
(Song of the South and Splash Mountain)

 Thumper
(Bambi)
 Minnie and Mickey were at the Springtime Jamboree dressed all cute in their Easter clothes.  Of course they had to leave right as it was our turn to get pictures with them!  But we did get to see cute Bunny Pluto instead.

 Roger Rabbit

 While I was waiting in line for all the bunnies, Leila was at the crafts table coloring these cute bunny ears.  
Like I said, I was the one who forced the bunny issue.
 Riding on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The whole time Leila was yelling at me to put my phone away.

 This year Disneyland will be celebrating it's 60th Anniversary!  
The castle and a lot of the park is getting blinged out and fancied up!

 As part of her birthday present (from grandpa, grandma, mom and dad), Leila got to go to The Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and had the chance to get The Happily Ever After treatment/package.  
It was AMAZING!
 Her Fairy Godmothers getting her ready.

 She was so funny to watch in the chair.  She took the whole thing very seriously!



 ALL DONE!


 When the trip was over, my mom and I both agreed that this was our favorite part of the trip.
After Leila got all dressed up at the boutique and was walking around the park, her demeanor changed.  She would walk slowly and move her hands softly.
She waved to all the little girls passing her. 
She would give the sweetest "thank you" to people who told her she looked beautiful.
Cast members would bow down to her and say, "hello your majesty" as she walked by.  And she would giggle and say hello.
It wasn't arrogance in her, but this new found confidence.




Having tea with Grandma Jennie










For the first time ever Leila was "old enough" to ride in the front of a caterpillar all by herself.  
She thought she was pretty cool.


This duck decided to check out It's A Small World with us

Same spot on It's A Small World 4 years apart




Day 3 We've Never Done was Leila got to become a cast member for a minute.  Tower of Terror was "down" all 3 days we were there.  So to help people not feel so bad, they did a little tour and let people dress up.  It was fun!  I think Leila has it down pretty good.  They should just put her to work.


And just like all awesome trips to Disneyland, this one too had to end. 

I sure love you Leila Belle!  I hope that you had as much fun on this trip as your grandma and I did!  
We loved spending time with just you in Disneyland and we are SO PROUD OF YOU!



No comments: