Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring Break Adventures

For Spring Break this year Leila and I decided that we wanted to try to explore some new places and do some new things.  We didn't want to spend our Spring Break just sitting around watching tv and playing on the iPad.  So we made a list of adventurous things, hit it hard and had a blast!
 First up was the "Dragon Cave."
Where Leila's soccer games are there are these stairs that lead up to what looks like a cave.  The kids always talk about it being the dragon cave.  They want to go explore it at every game, but we're usually busy watching soccer.  So today we checked it out!

 On the other side we found a beautiful grassy area!  Its a park with beautiful green grass!  I've never seen grass like this in Las Vegas.  The kids ran around like crazies, rolled down the hills and explored looking for flowers and bugs.
I spent most of my time sneezing...I wasn't prepared for the allergies.  But I'll definitely go back again, just more prepared the next time around.
 Leila brought her journal to document what she found and to sketch in.

 Dex and Anistyn were loving the bugs and flowers!



 Rolling down hills


 Exploring Lake Las Vegas



 These 3 REALLY love each other!  I know it may not last forever, but I'm going to enjoy it and document it while it lasts.

 You know, just my beautiful diaper bag, she needed a picture taken of her too.







This was the kid's favorite find of the adventures!  I'm still not sure if we were supposed to be there, but no one told us to leave, so we stayed and played for 30 minutes or so.  The water was freezing, but of course the kids didn't mind.

No comments: