I always try to get a lot of things done while Jack and Leila are taking their naps every day. Most the time I work on homework so that I can get some reading done. Yesterday I was sitting in the family room doing homework and it was getting close to the end of the babies naps. All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door...from inside of Leila's room. I listened closer to make sure I wasn't hearing things. I heard the knock again, this time followed by "hewoh." Leila apparently decided that she will now climb OUT of her crib whenever she wants now. I'm starting to think that its time to switch to a big girl bed, but I'm not sure how to make it a smooth transition. Plus, how do you get them to actually stay in the bed instead of climbing out to play? If anyone has any tips and/or pointers on how to do it-I'd appreciate some tips!! (P.S. I'm aware my little girl looks like a little hobo!! Cutest hobo I've ever seen!!)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
My Monkey
I always try to get a lot of things done while Jack and Leila are taking their naps every day. Most the time I work on homework so that I can get some reading done. Yesterday I was sitting in the family room doing homework and it was getting close to the end of the babies naps. All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door...from inside of Leila's room. I listened closer to make sure I wasn't hearing things. I heard the knock again, this time followed by "hewoh." Leila apparently decided that she will now climb OUT of her crib whenever she wants now. I'm starting to think that its time to switch to a big girl bed, but I'm not sure how to make it a smooth transition. Plus, how do you get them to actually stay in the bed instead of climbing out to play? If anyone has any tips and/or pointers on how to do it-I'd appreciate some tips!! (P.S. I'm aware my little girl looks like a little hobo!! Cutest hobo I've ever seen!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yeah, we're going through the same thing with Kamden. He was climbing out of his crib no problem, getting back in however was nigh impossible. So, we changed his crib to a toddler bed cause he would just "show up" in the middle of the night. It's so creepy when you turn around and there's dark little figure right there looking at you. He was in the room when Jeff changed his bed and we just talked to him about it. Told him this is his awesome new bed! He still needs his nap in the day but all his toys are right there. That's tricky. I close the door and stand just outside of it for a minute or two. Everytime he climbs out I open the door and tell him to get back in bed. Sometimes bedtime is hard but you just have to keep reminding them. I don't know if it ever ends though. I remember being like 8 and still getting out of bed to see what everyone else was doing. Kam lays down in the hall at night when we're watching TV or something. It's so funny though. When he has a really hard time falling asleep. I let him choose a book to have in bed to look at. Good luck. Sorry about the novel. I love the pic of Leila. Such a cute little hobo.
Your right...she is the cutest hobo I've ever seen!
I put all Jack's toys in the closet and close the door. That way at least the temptation is out of sight. He was really good about staying in his bed until just recently. if he wants to get out and look at his books I am okay with it, as long as he is staying in his room and having "quiet time". Usually eventually he will just fall asleep on his own. I read in a article that you should make the kid apart of the transition. Let them go to the store and pick out new sheets, talk about how great it is to be a big girl and have a big girl bed, ect.... good luck!
Oh gosh!! I am not looking forward to that!! How old is Leila? I am so nervous about transitioning to the toddler bed. Good Luck!!
Oh fun. I can't really help you in that department. Haley never really climed out of her crib...she just told me she wanted to sleep in a big girl bed and that was the end of that. Good luck though!
I can't believe you have such a little monkey on your hands. All the pointers I have for you are to keep all temptation out of sight or try to. I know thats what I have to do still with Tavi during naptime. Just be really paitent with her. Talk to her to let her understand what she needs to do and that if she does take a nap you could do some kind of reward chart. I do this with Tavi and it has worked out great! Yeah, I mean there are times when she just doesn't take naps but thats ok. Because at least she gets some quiet time alone to herself. IF you need anything else please do not hesitate to call! We really need to get together...Luv ya cuz! PS luv the pic of her!!!
That's an adorable picture of Leila!!
Post a Comment