Years later (2005) I was in Arizona visiting my little brother and dad. We were at the Phoenix Zoo, when I recieved what I would call THE MOST RANDOM phone call of my life! I looked at the number and didn't recognize it, and I usually don't answer when I don't know the number, but that day I did. I said hello, the heard, "a hey...is this K.D.?" I said yes, then he said, "this is Dre-Andy Brady." I WAS FLOORED!!!!! As far as I knew I was never going to see or talk to this blast from my past ever again. We chatted for a little bit, then he called me later that night. (It was the night of Tamara and Todd's wedding.) We got together a week or so later for dinner and caught up on the years past. Drew was dating someone at the time, but we were just friend anyway...

A couple months later, Drew's girlfriend broke up with him and I was just dating guys here and there...we started hanging out more and more...then one night Drew decided it would be a good idea for us to kiss...again...so we did...then the next day, we decided that this is EXACTLY where we were supposed to be in our lives.
Through all the years, Drew has been there in the back of my mind and always in my heart. His mom said to me (back in 9th grade, when we broke up,) "you never really get over your 1st love." And neither of us did, instead we married each other.
Drew, you are the best friend I've ever had and I love you more and more every day. Thank you for bringing me back to being me and for always being there for me. You are my whole world and everything I've ever wanted in life. You are the BEST thing that has ever happened to me!! I'll love you FOREVER!!
10 comments:
I really did know that from the moment you two started dating it was going to last forever. I remember how cute you were together even way back then and you are just as cute now. You really make the perfect couple. It is just funny how life works out sometimes. I mean look at me i married the next door neighbor! Congrats on three wonderful years! I promise it just keeps getting better.
I can't believe it has been 3 years!! I remember when he texted you at work and said that he loved you! You guys are cute! Happy Anniversary!
that is so sweet! happy anniversary guys!
You guys are the best! Congrats on your third anniversary! Can you believe how it goes by so fast?
Happy anniversary! What a cute story. You two are a perfect couple, I am glad things worked out the way they did for you both!
That is just so sweet, i didn't know that you guys met way back in ninth grade. That is a really cool story.
Happy anniversary! I am soo happy for you guys. I always knew the two of you would end back up together. Drew was always my favorite guy you ever dated! So glad the two of you reconnected. You two make really cute babies! Congrats again! Luv ya guys! I hope to see ya both real soon!!!
Happy Anniversary! I loved reading your story! I read out loud to Eddie, and he and I are reminiscing about when you guys started dating, and Eddie was thinking about growing up with you two. What a sweet story! We love you guys and love that you are SO HAPPY! :)
happy anniversary! You guys are such a beautiful couple. I love your story.
Super cool KD! I never knew the story and what an awesome story it is.
Post a Comment