Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Can't help lovin' this girl

When Leila was born I took her to my brother's dental office and made a mold of her tiny little hand and foot. I have loved looking at them over and over, especially since she was born. However, yesterday tragedy struck and Leila broke all the fingers off the hand and all the toes off the foot. You can only imagine the level of angry and heart ache I felt... these were truly irreplaceable.

(And no they are not usually somewhere that Leila can reach them. I keep them up on the top of our entertainment unit. And she knows that we "don't touch" them either...but a 2-year-old can only remember so much I guess. And she thinks she can climb anything now...)

As I sit and think about it, it still bums me out, but when I got on here and started looking at pictures I've posted of her and found some new pictures of her I've recently taken~the truth is, I can't help loving this girl no matter what.

Could you be mad at this girl for too long? I can't either-that's why they call me a SUCKER!!

6 comments:

Erin S. said...

that is so sad! i love the little hand molds i have of my kids...i have them hidden for fear that they will get broken.

Mary said...

That sucks! Can they be glued? Jack loves his too, I had to hide them in his baby box just to keep him away from them. If you want we can do another one, of her at 2 years old. LOL!

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Oh that is sooo sad! That is one of my greatest fears that Tavi will do that. She is too cute for words and I couldn't be mad at her for long either...I guess 2 year olds will be 2 year olds...

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

She is a two year old isn't she! :) She is so cute and is getting so big! Love the potty picture. Funny! Love your backround too by the way. Good luck this weekend!!

Mary said...

Oh no!!! I would cry! We just made a mold of little Eddie's hand! If it makes you feel any better, I taped over his birth video that we took right after he was born! Yeah, I am still sick about it. She's a cutie!!! She is getting so big.

Unknown said...

That's too bad! They are way too cute and fun to stay mad at for too long!