
June 19-20 was the annual
Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back. For those of you who aren't familiar with what the Wasatch Back is, its a relay race from Logan, UT to Park City, UT. When all is said and done, its a
188 mile race with 12 of your family/friends. Each runner runs 3 legs ranging from 3-9 miles each leg. And yes, your team runs 24 hours a day. Your team is split up into 2 vans, 6 people each. So when Van 1 is running, Van 2 rests...you
RUN. DRIVE. SLEEP? REPEAT.

This is my 2nd year doing it and its a race that is challenging but LOTS of fun. This year our team was
CAFE DISCO-STAYIN' ALIVE!!
Our team consisted of some family (Rob, Kelli, Ryan, Heather, Me) and friends (Brad, Heleen, Paul, Lynda, Chris, Sharsten, and Tom-Sharsten is Kelli's cousin and Tom is Kelli's uncle.) We always have such a blast and our team is AWESOME! Kelli's Uncle Tom had a heart attack about 2 months ago and the man is a MACHINE. While he was running I think he had 130 kills total in his 3 legs. (Kill=when you pass someone from another team while you're running.)

Its always fun to go and just see the different teams and the creativeness that people come up with for team names. Some people even wear costumes while they run. My favorite teams this year (besides us of course), were the Bast Fastards and the Wasatch Sweatbacks. (Yes, it was totally racist, but I did giggle a lot. Their shirts had the Caution sign that you find around the boarders of Mexico. With the family running.) Hee hee


When all was said and done I ran 15 miles. And my last leg was running down from Jordanelle into Heber...I'm still having trouble walking up and down the stairs. And I hate to admit it, but this year I did throw up on my last leg. I wasn't feeling too good when I "woke" up for our last legs-I thought I'd be ok, but I wasn't. However, I did finish-GO ME!


Thanks Cafe Disco for all the
GREAT memories! You are all such a blast to hang out with!!!






6 comments:
Holy smokes! Way to go! That makes me tired just thinking about it. What an accomplishment!
you go girl... i think i need some running this summer and i feel so inspired when i read this. I then get ready and go outside and get REALLY tired and go back in the house.. lol.. at least i got ready to run right?
haha Amazing!!! You go! You sound like you are quite the running machine lately!!! So good. I so want to start running again but we have no gym here and I don't like running outside.....but maybe I will just have to...you have motivated me!!! :)
Good job! That looks awesome! I am back to running, training for the provo half marathon. It feels good to work towards something!
GREAT JOB!!! That is so amazing! I have heard about this and thought wow those people are straight crazy...now I see you are one of them I don't think that any more...hee hee! But seriously that is a great accomplishment, WAY TO GO!!!
Holy cow! Good for you! It's inspiration like this that I need more of!
Post a Comment