The last couple of days have been a laughing fest around here. That Leila Belle of mine finds new ways to crack me up every day.
Yesterday when we walked out of the house to go get Jack, Leila looked up at the tree and said, "oh no mommy! the leaves all gone on tree." She was very concerned...
After work my mom and I were outside with Leila saying good bye to Heather and her kids. My mom and I looked over and there was Leila holding a armful of leaves, she walked up to the tree and said, "ok tree, here's your leaves. Ready? Take 'em!" She then threw the leaves into the air toward the tree... She persisted doing this for about 10 minutes when she finally gave up and told me, "mommy, tree doesn't want leaves."
As if that wasn't enough, last night I put Leila to bed when I got home from school. Lately she's been trying all kinds of things to get out of going to sleep. We read 2 stories, sand our 3 bedtime songs, prayers, I gave her a kiss then left the room. I was in the bathroom washing my face when the following conversation happened:
L Belle: Mommy, you ok??
Me: Yea honey, I'm fine. Go to sleep.
L Belle: Ok, wuv you mommy.
Me: I love you too toots.
...
...
L Belle: Mommy, you ok??
Me: Yes Leila. Go to sleep.
L Belle: Mommy, you hungry?
Me (laughing): Nope babes, I'm not hungry thanks though.
L Belle: Ok good mommy. G'night.
Me: Good night toots.
It still took about 30 minutes for her to actually fall asleep, but Drew and I were laughing about it the rest of the night.

6 comments:
That is SO sweet. Can you even believe that she's talking with you and having a conversation. Crazy. Just crazy.
Aw what a sweetheart!!! :) Those are moments to cherish, huh?
Lol! That's so funny! I love it! Kids say the best things!
Kids are so cute... I love the things they say sometimes! K.D. I'll keep you in my prayers :)
so cute..i cant wait till i have these experiences!! if you cant tell i am a little baby hungry!! she is adorable!!
That is one of the cutest things I have ever heard. Oh she is such a doll Kate. We will continue to pray for you and your family. I really can't wait to see New Moon with you. I love you and hope nothing but the best for you!
Post a Comment