Saturday, November 21, 2009

NEW MOON and the Surgery

So it has been quite the weekend.  I must apologize in advance...if this post is odd or doesn't sound quite right, I'm on my pain meds...so that should explain the oddness.

On Thursday night/Friday morning my cousin and I got together with a few other ladies and we went to see NEW MOON.  I'm sure you're all surprised to hear that I LOVED IT!!!!!!  I didn't understand why people would choose Jacob over Edward, but now I get it.  New Moon wasn't my favorite book, but to see someone else's interpretation of it...now I get it.  Of course, his AMAZING body did have a little to do with it.  I'm not saying I now like Jacob over Edward, I just realize why people like him so much.  Anywho, I really did LOVE that movie!!  (I didn't get home until 4am.)

My sweet cousin made me dinner and it was SO DELICIOUS!!



 Saturday morning I reported to the hospital at 10:30am.  They were running behind so I didn't get into my surgery until about 12:45.  The nurses and doctors were so friendly.  I remember talking to them about New Moon and my dad...then I was waking up.  My legs were shaking really bad and I couldn't focus on anything and my mouth was SO dry!  I requested some grape juice, which was a mistake...

My doctor came and talked to me, which I vaguely remember...it turns out that I do in fact have endometriosis.  So the cyst was actually an endometrioma.  The endometriosis was not only in the cyst, but all over my tubes and uterus.  I have to admit I wasn't shocked, because of the family history.  She said that this is definitely the reason that we haven't been able to get pregnant.  YEAH!  An answer to my prayers!! They did 2 incisions in my belly, one through my belly button and then another about 2 inches below that.  I'll have to go through some treatments for a while, then we can start trying again.  I'm a little shaky on the details of it all cause like I said I was just coming out of the anesthesia. I have my post-op appt in a couple weeks, so I'll talk to my doctor then more about what exactly is going on.  I'll keep you updated.

I'm still in a lot of pain so I'm sleeping a lot.  P.S. I want you all to know, you shouldn't take simple things for granted!  Things like going to the bathroom...I know its weird, but I'm telling you, I've had to teach myself how to go pee.  It takes way too much concentration and it is a lot of work!  So as wierd as it may sound, I think this Thanksgiving you should all be greatful for the ease it is for you all to expell your unwanted liquids from your bodies!!  Sorry, I just had to say it.


My new FANCY Snuggie
No I'm not actually this fat.  Its the Snuggie and the air they puffed in my tummy

Just wanted to give you all an update.  Thanks for all your sweet notes and prayers.  I have truely felt the power of the Spirit with me the past few days.  So thank you to all who kept me in your thoughts and prayers.  Thank you to Drew and my mom, who have been here to help me.  Mom, thank you for my SNUGGIE and for waiting in line for In N Out for an hour and a half for me  I LOVE YOU and you're the BEST mom ever!!!!!!

6 comments:

Cami said...

I loved New Moon!!! Why didn't you get home til 4 if it started at 12? I know it's a long movie, but not that long! Haha. Glad your surgery went well and hope you start feeling better soon!

Mary said...

Sweet K.D., I totally know what you are going through as far as recovering from surgery....it can be rough, but you can do it! I'm so happy you guys know what is going on now, and before you know, you will be pregnant with your little miracle! :)

The Walker's said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing okay and I hope you have a swift recovery! New Moon was awesome, and I totally agree with you that I understand why people love Jacob (although I am still team Edward!). I swear I was so distracted by his delectable abs that I couldn't even concentrate on the movie! lol ;) That snuggie looks so warm! The commercials are so cheesy but the product is pretty tempting!

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

I am so sorry you had surgery and yet i am so glad you have answers!! you are such an amazing person and i love the friendship we have developed on here!! take some time to rest and start feeling better!! enjoy your holiday and remember you are in our prayers!!

Mary said...

Hope you are getting some much needed rest!

Jennifer said...

It's so good to hear a report. I agree with what you said about New Moon. I loved it. Glad to hear everything went well at the hospital. Let me know if you need anything...Hmmm, I have a couple of CD's that I just finished. :)