Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Funniest Christmas Ever

This year we were all excited to have Leila wake up Christmas morning, see what Santa gave her, and get SO EXCITED...(you might see where this is going all ready)...she woke up a little unhappy Christmas morning. As soon as I heard her, I ran upstairs as fast as I could so that my mom, dad, Chris, and Alisha could all be in the family room when Leila came out of her room to see all the presents Santa had left her. After about 10 minutes of being left in her room, I went and got her out of her crib. She was kinda whiny, but seemed ok. I walked out before her and said "Leila, look what Santa brought you." She walked around the corner and saw everyone there in our family room and all the presents...she immediately threw herself to the ground and started crying. She was TICKED!!!! I don't know if it was the fact that she hadn't quite woken up yet, if she was hungry, or she just didn't like having everyone in our apartment, but she was NOT ok with it. After she calmed down a little, I tried to get her some cereal, she took it in the kitchen, but as soon as I tried to get her to go to the family room to see everyone and the presents, she threw her cereal everywhere, fell to the floor AGAIN with the SCOWL OF DEATH on her face! Drew got some GREAT video of it and I did my best to get some pictures.














As Leila was throwing her fits, my little brother Chris had a whole narrative going on between the toys that were left for Leila. A big stuffed elephant was apparently on the edge of jumping off the couch in a suicide attempt because he could not handle the rejection. Minne Mouse and Mickey Mouse were trying to talk him out of it. It may just be one of those, "you had to be there" moments, but I really wish you all could have been there. It made for the FUNNIEST Christmas any of us have ever had. Imagine the state of the toys as the 21 month old little girl they were brought to, to be loved by flat our rejected them all!!! OUCH!

About an hour after being awake, we were able to get her into the room with everyone and the presents, but she still wasn't sure...but eventually YES~Leila did enjoy her Christmas. I was worried for a while there that I gave birth to the Grinch, but by the end of Christmas Day, her heart did grow 2 sizes bigger!














One HUGE bummer this Christmas was the missing of having the Killpacks with us. We MISSED you guys SO MUCH!!! So, in some pictures, we are missing the rest of our fam~WE LOVE YOU KRAZY KILLPACKS!!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best in the New Year!!!

LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!






















Our Christmas Tradition-we wear PJ's ALL of Christmas Day!

Here are Christmas Day~ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That makes me laugh, Jack was super cranky for a good part of the day too. must be the age!