Monday, December 7, 2009

Its Official...

Jesus 5 Pictures, Images and Photos
So I've known for about a month this was going down, but it wasn't until yesterday that I was officially sustained and set apart as the new PRIMARY PRESIDENT of my ward!  I'm still in shock a little bit, but at the same time I'm EXCITED!  I've taught music in Primary for about 3+ years, but Heavenly Father had another plan for me. 

When I was called in by the bishop I was just expecting to be released, but as he started talking I knew something new was coming my way and it was something BIG.  I still would love to see what my face looked like when he asked me if I would accept the calling as Primary President.  I felt my jaw drop to the floor.

I am truely humbled by recieving this calling.  I feel too young to be given such a HUGE responsibility, but I feel honored too.  To be entrusted with the amazing children of the ward is a great compliment to me.

It's going to be a lot of hard work (on top of everything else), but I know that everything will be ok.  I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time praying and stressing, but I'm going to LOVE every minute of it.  I know that this is going to be a FUN and new adventure for me.  I can't wait!

7 comments:

Josh and Tausha said...

That's my dream calling! I am so excited for you! You'll do a GREAT job!

Rebecca and Nick said...

Wow, that IS big! I am sure you will be awesome at it!

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Congrats! You are going to do an amazing job!!! I'm so happy for you!

Mary said...

You are going to be great at that calling! :)

McCall said...

you'll do excellent! i was just released from nursery after 2 years...that was tough. especially in "happy valley"...lots and lots of little ones. ;)

Unknown said...

You're perfect for the position! Congrats and good luck! :)

The Dunhams said...

K.D. that is EXACTLY how I felt when I was called as Young Women's president last January. I have to be the youngest one ever! But, I have LOVED the calling and have received so many blessings because of it. You will do great!