Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Great Strides

So I figure I've been running all this time...I might as well run for a purpose! This Saturday I'm going to do a 5K for the
Great Strides Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
.

I have a few friends who have little kids who were born with Cystic Fibrosis. It always breaks my heart when little kids have to battle through things from day one of their lives.
(I think their little spirits have more strength than most of us adults.)
I'm trying to raise $150 dollars for the race and its this Saturday May 30. If any of you might be able to help out in any way, I would really appreciate it!!

Here's the link if you can help:
http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/Krady


2 comments:

Mary said...

What a great cause! I wish we could donate :( I love that you are running a lot, I miss being able to run! I guess I could always go at night and Eddie could watch baby! It's a great workout!

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

i have a best friend who died of CF a couple of years ago.. I met him in the hospital and he was a pt.. I took care of a lot of CF patients and you running this makes me want to cry.. Its such a hard disease!! you go girl and i am proud of you!! I know the CF patients,friends, and family i have lost will be there cheering you on!!