Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th of 2009

This year we did something a little different for the 4th. Chris had some friends from California in town, so we took them up to have breakfast and to ride the tram up at Snowbird. It was a little chilly up on top of the mountain and it was CRAZY to see SNOW IN JULY-yes people were skiing and snowboarding down too-but it was fun! That night we went down to my brother Rob's house for a BBQ and games. Us Jones', Schrievers', and Bradys make a full house.

Me with my parents

Leila was eating the nasty dirty snow



On the ledge...scary! (Don't worry, it wasn't a drop off still made me a little nervous though)





Leila was actually pretty brave this year with fireworks. (Last year she cried and did not want to be outside during the extravaganza.) But she held a sparkler this year!! Unfortuneatly, we were only able to do sparklers and one fountain because it got really windy and the rain came down. Lucky for us, we drove home from Mapleton just as Thanksgiving Point was doing their fireworks. It was a GOOD day with family and friends.
...However we did miss being able to see the other side of our family :( They're down in St. George for the weekend. Come home safely Bradys!


I put Leila to be without any toys in bed with her. When I went back to check on her to make sure she was actually in bed... this is what I found. Apparently Leila thought that Giselle needed to be tucked in too. She takes such good care of her princesses!

3 comments:

Rebecca and Nick said...

We went up Little Cottonwood on the 4th also! I thought about going up on the tram, but we just took Owen to a bridge to throw rocks in the river, and a little hike to a waterfall. Looks like you had fun! Utah is so beautiful this time of year! Enjoy it! I miss it now that I'm back in Vegas.

The Walker's said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day! That picture of Leila in bed with Giselle is so dang cute! Kids are so funny! :)

Cellen said...

Leila is soooo CUTE!!!! I can't even stand it. I love the picture of mommy and daughter kisses, they are for sure my favorite. We need to get together so these cute girls can play!