Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

I know there are many people who are concerned. Yes, I do go to Disneyland A LOT. But I have an annual pass for only 2 more months, and I figured why not get as much use out of it as possible. Plus people, its THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!! Who wouldn't want to go there as much as they can?? (And don't admit it to me if you wouldn't-cause its just blasphemy!)This time around I went with my BESTIE Jessica. We met at Weber State University in our sorority and have been best buddies ever since. She has been my friend through it all and I LOVE HER TO PIECES!!!"Sleeping" on the plane

The 2 of us are what some people call DISNEY FREAKS!! We absolutely LOVE everything Disney. Movies, music, games, parks, toys, pictures...you name it, we LOVE it. Every time the 2 of us have gone to Disneyland together, at one point or another we cry. This time around it was the re-dedication ceremony for Disneyland's 54th Birthday. The mayor of Main Street, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and the Main Street Band did a whole tribute to Walt Disney and Disneyland. When they played Walt Disney's original speech he gave on July 17, 1955 the 2 of us looked at each other and started to bawl. Walt Disney just knows how to touch our hearts.We're a little windblown after riding California Screamin'

The Friday we were there, we were able to go to Disney's Animation Studio. (My friend from 9th grade, Eddie works there so we got a private tour. You can only imagine how excited I was to be there!! And I got to see ALL kids of cool things. Including the Walt Disney Archives!! (There was an Oscar there- IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)The window on the top right is Walt Disney's office where he used to animate his cartoons.

Wardrobe used in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe


The last day there, I totally pulled a boner (a mistake) and tripped coming out of the teacups...yea it was really embarassing! (I hurt my foot on the Wasatch Back and of course that was the one that was injured again on my trip out of the teacup.) They had to stop the ride for a bit, the worker came running over, I had to go to First Aid, and when all was said and done, I had to ride in a wheelchair the rest of the day. (The park insisted I do it.) But I'm not going to complain cause Jessica and I were able to go through all the special handicap entrances to all the rides!! So it definately had its perks!! Thanks for pushing me around all day Jessica!!!
I always enjoy myself in Disneyland! And I can't wait til I get to go back. Unfortuneately, I don't know when its going to be :( Hopefully sooner rather than later.

7 comments:

Lyndzi said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I really want to go to DL. My BFF was there this week too. Maybe we'll get to go to DW while we're out here. Cross my fingers.:) Cute pics.

Mary said...

YAY!!! So fun!!! I'm so glad Eddie could show you around!!! Wish I could have made it and seen you :( I knew you would love it there!!! It is amazing! I love the pictures!

Rebecca and Nick said...

So fun! I am jealous. You do need to take advantage of going as often as you can with that pass though, I agree. Glad you got to go kid-free!

Delgado Fam said...

It really IS a happy place. I miss having an annual pass!

Delgado Fam said...

It really IS a happy place. I miss having an annual pass!

Josh and Tausha said...

You are totally Miss Disneyland! It looks like you had a blast!

Unknown said...

I love Disney! I'm jealous that you do get to go all the time, who wouldn't if they could?