Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hair. Baby. Birthday, and a trip to the ER

For my birthday this year, my mommy gave me some money to get my new look for when I turn 27... what do you think?? Drew thinks it make me look like a rock star!!
The master of hair, Cami Johnson does it again! I LOVE having her do my hair, she is AMAZING! If any of you want to get yours done by an AWESOME chica, check out Cami's blog: http://myhairiscuterthanyours.blogspot.com/

Friday, August 28, 2009 my new little nephew was born! Chris and Sally had their baby, who doesn't have a name yet, but will be coming soon. He was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches long. (I finally got to see him today and he is ADORABLE!!!!) I can't wait to go see him again.
Saturday AUGUST 29 was my 27th birthday! The day started off great with waffles for breakfast. The plan was to get ready after breakfast, do some birthday shopping, then go see our new little nephew. However, life had another plan.

While I was downstairs getting ready I suddenly couldn't stand up anymore and was bent over with tummy pains. It was AWFUL! Drew took me to the ER-yes on my birthday-to get checked out. After some meds, x-rays, ultrasounds, and other not-so-pleasant tests, the ER doc found a cyst on my right ovary that had burst causing hemorrhaging in my abdomen. It was as bad as when I was in labor with Leila.

I've been on pain medicine for the last couple days and its helping, but just taking the edge off. The next step is to call my OB tomorrow to schedule a laparoscopy. (She'll go into my girly parts and see if there are more and/or bigger cysts going on, probably endometriosis. It runs in the family.)

It wasn't what I wanted for my birthday, but I'm hoping it will be a blessing in disguise. Drew and I have been trying to have another baby for about 10 months with no luck, so maybe this will help us figure out what's going on. The girls in my family have all had a hard time getting pregnant (2 of the 4 girls haven't even been able to get pregnant). So through these months I've begun to realize how LUCKY and BLESSED I am to have my Leila Belle.

In the meantime, I'm praying hard and hoping for the best. I know that things will work out for the best.
Lexi and Mia made me a little "Acorn Man" for my birthday present

16 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

i LOVE your hair!!! so cute.
i'm so sorry that you ended up in the ER on your birthday.
prayers for you to be able to get another cute baby here...i hope your appts. go well and are a blessing in disguise after all:)
chris and sally's baby is really cute. i'm excited to hear what they name him.
anyways, i love your blog. hope you are feeling much better.

Cami said...

thanks for the shout out!! Can we talk about how much it brings out your eyes?! AMAZING!!! So sorry you were sick for your birthday!!! Hope you get things straightened out SOON!! Love ya!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! The pain..I can't even imagine. Do you need anything? Is there anything I can do for you?

I loff your hair!! You are one hot mamma! Loff it!!

You are such an amazing person. you are so strong and smart and have the cutest family! I hope everything goes well and that you can get pregnant. Shhh, as soon as we get insurance we want to try again too.

Have a good week!

Rebecca and Nick said...

Wow, you are always doing something fun with your hair. It looks great! I am sorry you had to spend your birthday like that! My sister went through the same thing, and I know it's no fun. But i do hope you get to have a baby sometime in your near future! Good luck!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

your hair looks beautiful!

that sucks that you were in the ER on your birthday!

your little family is so cute! hope everything is going well for you guys!

The Carter's said...

Your hair is so so darling!! LOVE IT!! Happy Birthday and sorry it was a birthday in the ER. I have had 3 laporoscopys so if you have any questions let me know! I hope you get feeling better!

Cellen said...

I seriously LOVE you hair. I was so excited to see you on Saturday, so I was bummed when it got canceled BUT more importantly I'm worried about you. I LOVE YOU TO DEATH ... and I want you to call me if you need anything!!!

Mary said...

Aw K.D....I know how you are feeling! When I had my first ectopic, it was AWFUL, the pain because my fallopian tube had burst causing hemorrhaging (you know about it), the pain is terrible, so my heart goes out to you because I know how painful that is. Everything will work out, and you will see God's hand in your life, but it sounds like you already have noticed that :) You are in our prayers, and I know that soon you will be sharing news of your new baby on the way! :)

Rach said...

So fun yet so scary! KD you have great faith and optimism. I adore you and your perseverance in your trials. I know no matter which way you life leads you, you will not lack faith, or a smiling face! My thoughts are with you.

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

I too seriously LOVE the hair!!! YOu look so gorgeous! I have to agree with Drew you really do look like a rock star!!! I can't wait for the update. Seriously if you need me at all to take Leila please let me know. We'll remain praying for you as always! If you just need some companionship I'll get a sitter for my kids and be down there if you need me. You are my bestest friend in the whole world and I just want you to know that I LOVE YOU and you mean the world to me!!! Luv ya cuz!

Mary said...

KD, I think that you have the right mind set, this could totally be a blessing in disguise. They could get in there and fin out what's going on. I'm praying for ya!

robyn said...

Bummer about your ER trip, that is not a good place to go on your birthday! But I do love your hair and those pictures of Chris and Sally's baby! Congrats to them!

Tamara Jacobs said...

p.s. to make my little movies i use windows movie maker. it's just a program that came on our computer. it's pretty easy to use.

Lyndzi said...

K, you look like a MEGA SUPER rock star. I love your hair. It makes me wanna cut my bangs again but NO! I'm growing them out.
That is just not fun the whole ER trip. I hope you're feeling better and that the pain goes away soon. My sis has endometriosis and I've seen her in pain, it's no joke. It's all going to work out. You guys are such cute parents to Leila and she's pretty much the cutest little girl around. I'm thinking of you and your little family.

Jackson Brown said...

Cute hair!! Sorry about your b-day pains! Good luck with that. Cheer coach huh! Wow you really do have a full plate!

Kade and Elisa Clark said...

Happy birhtday and your hair is so cute!! new hair refreshers are aleays fun!! I am so sorry your birthday turned out that way!! No fun!! Good luck with it all! I have had the laproscopy 2 times for endometreosis and its actually not to bad a surgery!! So good luck!!