Friday, January 29, 2010

Pitty Party

Maybe this is something no one wants to read...
Maybe I should be focusing on all the wonderful things that I have...
Maybe I shouldn't be so sad...

But the truth is I've been in a bummer mood for the last couple weeks.

Drew and I have been trying to have a baby for over a year and a half with now luck.  I had my surgery in November, was going to have some hormone treatments done, but decided to try some more to get pregnant...still no luck.

It feels like everyone I know is having babies.  And if you are one of my friends who is having a baby, I really am happy for you, but at the same time it makes me really sad because I want so badly to have what you're having.

We had no trouble getting pregnant with Leila.  I was so blessed to have her and I love her so much.  I know how lucky I am so have my Leila Belle.  And if she is the only little one I get to have, she is pretty awesome.

But in the meantime, I'm just kinda sad today.  I'm trying not to loose hope and faith that it will happen for us some day. 

But today its really hard.
black and white Pictures, Images and Photos

7 comments:

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

I hate to say it but I know EXACTLY how you feel. It sound all too familiar. We need to go to lunch and talk. I have been there done that. When can you go?

Erin said...

hey kd, i know how you feel. with parker we barely had to think about it & i was pregnant. liam took us a lot longer, we started trying when parker was just 10 months old. i got tested & such, but they couldn't find a problem & actually said just keep trying. i'm sure your health situation isn't quite the same as mine, but i had pretty much come to terms with the idea of parker being our only child. 2 months later we found out i was pregnant. our boys are just over 4 years apart. don't give up hope just yet :)

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

my heart goes out to you girl!! you are so amazing and i love you lots!! you are in our prayers.. that little girl of yours is so lucky to have you.. you are allowed to have bad days, just promise you will never give up!! i love you lots and lots!!

Mary said...

Sweet K.D.-When I was having my ectopic pregnancies, it seemed like everyone was getting pregnant around me, and of course you are so happy for them, but it is only human/natural to feel some sadness, questioning things, etc. But then, little Eddie came, a surprise! :)
I already felt/knew that it might be hard for you and others I know in similar situations to hear about all of our reports on this new pregnancy, but I want you to know that my heart feels the aching you and Drew have to hold a baby in your arms again. But, it will happen! And everyone always says that, right?! ha....but it will. It's patience, faith, and trust in Heavenly Father, which can be really hard at times, but I know He will bless you because you are doing what is right; that is a promise he has made!
Love you K.D. :)

robyn said...

Oh hang in there. Everyone's trials come in different forms. I have learned that babies have their own time frames and there is nothing you can do about it no matter how hard we try. As soon as that babe decides it's time they will make their debut. My cousin is going through the same thing. But I know this is one of the hardest things in life. Especially when you already have one kid who is so dang cute! Keep your spirits up, It will help!

ashlee sheppard said...

oh honey, I love ya. I am sorry that you are sad. I know that some of my other friends had their first no problem but the second took a some time to get here. Hang in there.

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Oh Kate...I'm so sorry! I really know in my heart it is going to work out for you. I still have been praying for you. I just want you to know that I LOVE YOU and I am here for you whenever you need anything at all! You are the best mommy to cute little Leila Belle.