This morning I decided to post an ad on KSL.com to sell our dog Max. Just to see if I got any bites. The post wasn't even up for an hour when I got a call from a lady from Salt Lake. She wanted to come and see Max. She had a dog that was 10 years old who died last week and she has a dachshund that is one who has been heart broken since the other dog died. So they were looking for a new friend for their little dachshund when she saw my ad on KSL.
I said a prayer before the lady came because I wanted to make sure that Max went to a good home. When the lady came she brought her daughter, grand-daughter, and her dachshund Suki. (Who is a pretty brown dog.) Max barked at them for a second, but then started kissing them and wanting them to rub his belly. (For those of you who know Max, he doesn't do that very often...right Candace??) He was all about Suki and Suki really liked Max.
Leila and I said our good byes to him. (I'm not sure Leila realizes that he's gone for good. Which is sad cause she LOVED her Max.)
And yes...I did cry. He's been our dog since we got married and it was hard to see him go.
I feel really good about the decision to let him go. It wasn't that we didn't want him anymore, its just hard because we aren't here all the time and he doesn't get the attention he needs. This lady works from home, she has the other puppy, and she had a fenced in back yard. All-in-all it will be better for Max.
I LOVE YOU MAX and I'll MISS YOU!!!!!
If after a few days it isn't working out, the lady will let me know. I hope Max likes it and is good to his new owners.
5 comments:
oh i'm going to miss that dog even though it didn't like me very much. His yelps when he could hear me coming down the stairs... connor will be very sad. :)
your blog is so cute!! so scary!! lol, i hope my husband does not see it, he will want me to be more into halloween lol.. i am sorry about your dog!! have a great month!!
Hey there lady! I know, I know, I haven't posted in forever. I miss your comments. Did you get my little package awhile back? Let me know. I have something else for you. :)
Hey Lady! I know, I know, I haven't posted in forever. I miss your comments. I just tried to leave you a message and I don't know if you got it or not. So I'm leaving this one just in case. Did you get a little package from me awhile back? I have something else for you. :)
Sad, we got rid of our cat Gooey, but then like 4 days later the people said it wasn't working out so we got her back. So in the end we still have her, but it was sad to giver her away.
Post a Comment